When I went to Europe this past spring I had the most delicious pastry in Budapest. I let myself indulge with one treat that was not on my diet. I’m so glad I did though because it helped me recreate this one for you! …of course this one is gluten free, sugar free, grain free & low carb!
The part about the pastry that I loved most was the lemon flavor and the delicious raspberry jelly filling inside. I’m not even sure what type of pastry it was, but I knew it was yummy.
When I made this tonight I was so surprised at how good it taste, I mean come on, I’m competing with flour & sugar here! Seriously though, THIS tasted even better than the floury, sugary version! For real.
…not to mention I can eat it guilt free 🙂
I really hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did OH and I should mention it’s super simple to make. So if you’re more of a cook then a baker (like me) you’ll be totally all good with this recipe! 😉
Once you’ve tried this super moist low carb lemon coconut sponge cake be sure to leave me a comment below letting me know what you thought!
Love & High Fives!
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 scoop (or ⅓ cup) jay rob unsweetened vanilla protein powder
- 1 egg
- ½ cup swerve
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup (stick) of butter, refrigerated
- 2 tsp liquid stevia
- Optional for topping:
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- sugar free jelly
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8" baking pan with nonstick coconut oil spray. Cream the butter and cream cheese together with your hand or stand mixer (I used my kitchenaid stand mixer). Next add in the egg and lemon and start mixing low and then gradually get higher once it starts to blend more. Then go ahead and mix in the rest of your ingredients. Pour the batter into your pan and smooth our with a spatula. Once the oven is preheated place your pan w/ batter into the oven on 350 degrees heat for 25-30 mins. Let cool, top with optional toppings, serve and enjoy!
Download Our 7 Simple Low Carb Dinner Recipies, Free >>