I started on a low carb diet back in 2012. I lost 60 pounds in about half a year. I managed to maintain that same weight for quite some time, that was, until my trip to Greece. I’m not sure why but I decided since it was my first big vacation that I “deserved” bread, sugar, carbs, etc.
I will admit I fully enjoyed the trip. However, it wasn’t long until I was feeling like total crap. The sugar, and carbs had finally caught up with me. I struggled to get back on the wagon after my trip and still to this day I’m up 15 to 20 pounds (I should add I’m fully back on the wagon now & I did start lifting weights a few months ago and I do think that has added some muscle mass for me).
I recently saw my doctor for a checkup and she alerted me that my cholesterol was a touch high. This made me so incredibly sad since last time I was in they were RAVING about how good my cholesterol, blood sugar, etc were.
Before I could even get a word in my doctor looked at me and said “did you know that you’re not supposed to be eating low fat anymore?” I laughed and before I could speak she went on about how a low carb lifestyle is much healthier and I will be able to lower those numbers no problem by significantly lowering my carbs. At first I was mad because I KNOW THIS, but then I stopped to realize this win.
My doctor recommended that I eat low carb. Victory! No more old food pyramid & no more whole grains! The word is out, and I’m thrilled 🙂 …and I’m excited to be currently back on track and to hit some new weight loss goals soon!!
Oh! …and before I get to the recipe let me leave you with this quote from Washington Post, “The nation’s top nutrition advisory panel has decided to drop its caution about eating cholesterol-laden food, a move that could undo almost 40 years of government warnings about its consumption.”
...now let’s celebrate with some tasty spicy egg salad 🙂
- 4 eggs
- ½ jalapeno
- ½ onion
- 1 TBS MCT Oil (optional)
- ½ cup mayonnaise (look for low sugar, organic)
- 1 TBS mustard
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- Turn a burner on high on your stove
- Fill a medium sized pot half way with water
- Place your eggs into the pot and place pot on stove
- Once the water is boiling cover the pot, turn off the burner, and set a timer for 11 minutes
- Meanwhile chop up your veggies
- Place chopped veggies, mayo, mustard, mct oil, and spices into a medium sized bowl and stir
- Once timer goes off remove pot from stove, drop water into sink (don't let the eggs fall out), and refill the pot with ice cold water
- Let the eggs sit in the ice cold water for 1 minute
- Once eggs are cooled, peel and place into bowl with other ingrediants
- next smash eggs with a fork (I like the leave mine chunky) and stir in with other ingrediants
- Serve (on low carb bread, as a dip, or on it's own), eat, and enjoy!
Download Our 7 Simple Low Carb Dinner Recipies, Free >>