My husband and I love movie nights but movie nights in America tend to include popcorn, soda, pizza, candy, the list goes on…
For awhile I tried to avoid movie nights altogether as I always ended up getting migraines from the movie theater “buttered” (ahem fake butter) popcorn and sugary sodas we’d down with the movie.
When I started eating low carb back in 2012 I started associating movies with healthier snacks, such as guacamole! I didn’t have to give up movie nights I just had to find a way to make them healthy!
Also by making our snacks at home and renting a movie we were saving LOADS of money! We used to spend $30-$40 per movie or more….
If I haven’t convinced you yet I should add…
…avocados are loaded with healthy fats, vitamins, and fiber which make it the perfect healthy snack!
Not only is it healthy but it’s delicious, fun & easy to make!
So let’s get you snacking on some healthy guacamole!
- 4 Avocados
- ¼ cup yellow tomatoes
- ½ red tomato
- 2 tomatillos
- ½ an onion
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno
- ¼ lime (for the juice)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbs fine ground sea salt (or to taste)
- 2 tsp fresh ground pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional if you like spicy)
- Spicy Bacon Chips:
- 6 pieces bacon
- 1 tbs cayenne pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cup bacon into 2" pieces
- Place bacon pieces on cookie sheet and sprinkle with the cayenne pepper
- Once oven is pre-heated place bacon in oven for 15-20 mins
- Put peeled and pitted avocados into a large mixing bowl and gently smash with a spoon (I prefer to leave mine lumpy)
- Chop yellow and red tomatoes
- Dice tomatillos
- Chop onion
- Mince fresh cilantro
- Mince jalapeno
- Squeeze lime into bowl
- Smash garlic, peel, combine in bowl
- Combine spices in bowl
- Gently mix while keeping it chunky
- Eat w/ bacon chips (or pork rinds) and enjoy!
Download Our 7 Simple Low Carb Dinner Recipies, Free >>