Even though I said goodbye to my college bready-takeout pizza eating & wine drinking weekends long ago, I still LOVE a good healthified pizza!
My husband and I like playing around with different toppings, etc. but sometimes you just want a nice, classic, pepperoni pizza!
This pizza is perfect for a low carb, keto, or gluten free diet but…
Even though this pizza is super low in carbs I would only recommend eating it once a week or less as it does contain a lot of dairy. Some people can eat lots of dairy on low carb diets and be fine but for some people it can stall weight loss.
Dairy personally can stall weight loss for me when I’m closer to my goal so I aim to have this as a “cheat” ever couple of weeks or so. It’s healthy, it’s low carb, and it’s delicious!!
I just wanted to get that out there since I know most of us on low carb are trying to lose weight and I don’t want to stall ya, but everyone can opt for a healthy and planned “cheat” every once in awhile, right? 🙂
So go ahead, try this out for yourself, and let me know what you think in the comments below!
It’s super easy to make and tastes even better with a Stevia Sweetened Cream Soda!
- 1 ball (or cup) of fresh shredded mozzarella
- 4 Tbs cream cheese
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 1 egg
- 4 Tbs oregano
- 4 Tbs rosemary
- 4 Tbs red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbs sea salt
- ¼ cup shredded zucchini (optional)
- 1 cup grated shredded cheddar
- 1 cup grated shredded mozzarella
- 15-20 Pepperonis
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 2 Tbs Parm Cheese
- 2 Tbs rosemary
- 2 Tbs red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbs sea salt
- Pre-hear the oven to 425
- Get out two pieces of parchment paper, a rolling pin, and a baking sheet
- Put one piece of parchment paper lining the baking sheet and leave another same sized sheet out for later
- Combine the mozzarella and cream cheese into a bowl and microwave for 50 seconds, stir and then another 40 seconds
- Add in the almond flour, egg, salt, , spices and stir (grated zucchini, optional)
- Place the mixture on top of the parchment paper on the baking sheet
- Cover the mixture with the other piece of parchment paper and use the rolling pin to roll out the dough (it won't rise much so make as thin as you like, the thinner the crispier)
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper
- Place the "dough" on the baking sheet into the oven for 20-25 mins
- Meanwhile combine the pizza sauce, parm cheese, and spices & grate your cheeses if you haven't already
- Remove the pizza crust from the oven
- Place the pizza sauce onto the crust
- Place the cheese onto the pizza
- Place the pepperonis on top as well
- Place back into the oven and bake for another 7-10 mins
Download Our 7 Simple Low Carb Dinner Recipies, Free >>